Did you know that lightweight portable video cameras have existed since 1888? George Eastman’s original Kodak Camera proves that being able to capture reality is a concern that humanity has carried for a long time. A few centuries ago, families would need to stay still for hours an end for a single photograph. Our ancestors would unquestionably be blown away at the idea that most of us can now achieve high quality photography with technology that fits inside our pockets.
Then again, our own cameras now serve a different purpose than they used to. Anyone can create a photo or video and share it to hundreds of people straightaway. This is why PR and communications professionals need to especially pay attention to this medium. You may have the material you need to make great videos right at the tips of your fingers – but do you know how to use it?
This course in Smartphone Videography will help you use your smartphone’s camera to its fullest potential. By the end of our eight expert-written modules, you will know why smartphone videos matter so much to you as a PR professional – and how to make them.
What should I expect from this course?
By the end of this PR Training course, you will know how to:
- Use the pros and cons of smartphone video to your advantage
- Plan a shoot and interviews
- Use composition theory to make great footage
- Choose editing softwares and filming apps and how to select relevant footage and soundbites
- Select the right time and host site to upload your video
- Transcribe a video for social media
Finally, a quiz and an assignment specifically designed by our expert team will help you make sure that you understood the course’s main objectives.
What is the PR Training Academy?
The PR Training Academy was created by Ellen Gunning, who has been working in the PR industry for over 25 years. With her experience and a team of industry experts, the Academy delivers tailored courses for professionals to stay on top of trends.
Our annual membership subscription gives you:
- Unlimited access to small courses that you can study from anywhere in your own time
- Interactive content that promotes smooth learning
- Access to all our past courses as well as 24 new courses per year with a membership
- A team of professionals to mentor you
- Certification upon course completion
Not feeling like smartphone videography is the thing you need to specialise in right now? No problem. Check out our range of other courses, and pick something that suits you or your business more.