In the world of public relations, working with journalists is key. And amongst all methods of communications to master, few are as important as the press release.
If you have been working in PR for a long time, you are probably already familiar with this type of document. It is undeniably a way to establish a strong relationship with media, as well as gain your audience’s trust. Coupled with the fact that brand credibility has been proven to be one of the key factors that a consumer considers before making a purchase, press releases are nowhere near ready to go out of style.
Yet the world of PR is not the same as it was twenty years ago, and keeping up with changes in the industry can be difficult. You may need to remind yourself of the basics; for instance, how to structure a written press release. On the other hand, you may be wondering what changes social media have been bringing to the field. No matter your situation, this course on how to write a press release will help you.
What should I expect from this course?
This course will help you know all there is to know to craft the perfect press release. You will learn:
- The definition of a press release and what its purpose is
- What news is and its different categories
- What questions to ask yourself to make a great press release and how to structure your information
- How to use language to your advantage
- How to distribute a press release through traditional and digital means
- The impact of social media on press releases
What is the PR Training Academy?
The PR Training Academy was created by Ellen Gunning, who has been working in the PR industry for over 25 years. With her experience and a team of industry experts, the Academy delivers tailored courses for professionals to stay on top of trends.
Our annual membership subscription gives you:
- Unlimited access to small courses that you can study from anywhere in your own time
- Interactive content that promotes smooth learning
- Access to all our courses with a membership
- A team of professionals to mentor you
- Certification upon course completion
Not feeling like how to write a press a release is the thing that you need to learn right now? No problem. Check out our range of other courses to find something that suits you more.