As the world went into several lockdowns over the past year, many professionals had to reconsider the way they approached events. Under those circumstances, social functions with hundreds of attendees were no longer an option. Event managers consequently used their talents in the online world rather than in real life.
Although this may be true, events are still as relevant as ever for communications. As we slowly but undoubtedly enter a post-Covid 19 world, it is necessary to think about how to create and manage events again. They will most likely look different than what we were used to. For example, a staggering 97% of event marketers believe we will see more hybrid events in the future, and want to invest in virtual resources.
Whether you are taking your first steps as an event marketer or want a deeper insight into the future of PR functions, this course in creating amazing events is for you.
What should I expect from this course?
This course will teach you all there is to know about event planning and management. By the end of the course, you will:
- Understand the purpose of events and the elements of planning
- Be able to select appropriate venues and timing depending on your audience
- Know how to choose guests of honour and prepare for speeches
- Manage invitations, media attendees and photographers
- Learn how to evaluate the success of your event
- Plan for the future of event management in a post-COVID19 world
This new knowledge will put you ahead of competitors in the PR, media and communications industry.
What is the PR Training Academy?
The PR Training Academy was created by Ellen Gunning, who has been working in the PR industry for over 25 years. With her experience and a team of industry experts, the Academy delivers tailored courses for professionals to stay on top of trends.
Our annual membership subscription gives you:
- Unlimited access to small courses that you can study from anywhere in your own time
- Interactive content that promotes smooth learning
- Access to all our past courses as well as 24 new courses per year with a membership
- A team of professionals to mentor you
- Certification upon course completion
Not feeling like creating amazing events is the thing you need to specialise in right now? No problem. Check out our range of other courses, and pick something that suits you or your business more.