Maybe you have decided that the hurried rhythm of news reporting isn’t for you. Maybe you find the scope of blog writing too limiting for what you want to share. Or you may have never written anything, and are looking for a type of content that would suit your style. In any case, you love the media and communications industry, and are looking for a new skill to master.
The BBC accurately states that different types of content require different journalistic skills. For instance, those who want to find breaking news need to be fast, while investigative reporting requires patience and meticulous attention to detail. By the same token, writing feature articles requires yet another set of skills.
These longer pieces of writing come in many different forms and can appeal to a wide range of interests. Additionally, they will often address an issue in greater depth than news would. This makes it an altogether fascinating art to learn, and will undoubtedly be of great benefit for your career no matter your niche.
What should I expect from this course?
With this Crafting Incredible Feature Articles course, you will learn:
- What a feature article is, and how it differs from other forms of writing such as news or blogs
- How to prepare and write a feature article
- The basic structure to follow to produce great material
- What colour writing entails
- The different elements of an article and how to succeed at every stop sign
- How to conduct an interview
What is the PR Training Academy?
The PR Training Academy was created by Ellen Gunning, who has been working in the PR industry for over 25 years. With her experience and a team of industry experts, the Academy delivers tailored courses for professionals to stay on top of trends.
Our annual membership subscription gives you:
- Unlimited access to small courses that you can study from anywhere in your own time
- Interactive content that promotes smooth learning
- Access to all our courses with a membership
- A team of professionals to mentor you
- Certification upon course completion
Not feeling like feature articles are the thing that you need to specialise in right now? No problem. Check out our range of other courses, and pick something that suits you or your business more.